"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley


"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."

--Sheri L. Dew

Friday, January 24, 2014

Peach Crisp

Just wanted to share this DELICIOUS recipe.  My Young Women's president made it for a little baby shower/presidency meeting we had and wowza, I could have eaten the whole thing!  Plus, it is made with peaches and oats, totally healthy........


Peach Crisp Recipe
source
The recipe is from "Taste of Home"  If you can peaches yourself, you can use one quart jar in place of the two cans it calls for.  I will add a few more peaches from another jar when I make it again, but that is just preference.  Make it today, go to the store this instant and buy some ice cream or whipping cream and make it.  Do it, you'll be glad you did!  We look forward to also trying it with cherry pie filling....mmmmmmm......

Note: The juice gets pretty thick, you can use just 3 Tablespoons cornstarch if you want but it needs to be thick so it doesn't create a runny mess.  It took me by surprise, but turns out great!

No comments: