"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley


"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."

--Sheri L. Dew

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Taxes!

I am done with our taxes!! State and Federal, and we got them done for free! Plus, I completed Grant's FAFSA application! I love the feeling of being done, no worry, no rush, just done!!
(I love businesses that allow you to view your tax information online so you don't have to wait until February to receive them in the mail!)

5 comments:

Cathy Brooksby said...

Good job, I wish I could feel finished but I need about 5 moving boxes. I am decluttering. I need a box for DI, a box for Give away and a box for the dump.
Spring cleaning has come early.

Carrie said...

Aahhhh! So nice! Good Job! I'm glad life is simplier for us in our youth at least to do taxes ourselves. Sit back and wait for the money to roll in... cha-ching!! :)

Unknown said...

Congrats! You've got a good system going. I should give it a try, maybe I would like it better than my all nighter. And thanks for today - I had fun! Did they like the cake - be honest.

Tracie said...

that is great! I wish I could say the same. We're still waiting for my hubby's info to come in the mail.

Angie said...

Taxes done already!?! Then I totally expect something like that from you. Good job!