"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley


"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."

--Sheri L. Dew

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Grant

My children have decided that sleeping through the night is no longer the 'cool' thing to do. I don't think I've slept more than 3 hours straight for over 2 weeks now. Last night seemed to be the last straw and I could not get out of bed this morning. My wonderful husband got the kids, entertained them, fed them and stayed home from work until I got my lazy self out of bed. It is days like this that I remember why I married him! (He is working full time over Christmas break and can show up any time between 6am and 6pm., in case you wondered)
XOXOXOXOXO

3 comments:

Mae said...

why do kids do that?! don't they know the torture it is on everyone at home...i mean really, life with a happy, well-energized mommy would be so much easier right? Thank goodness for daddy! if you figure out the cure let me know!

Carrie said...

Oh Dear! Not cool! But Grant is cool. :) What a husband!

Marilou said...

yay for wonderful husbands