
I wanted to show off my first canning adventure of the season! I've made freezer jam before, but, this is exciting because I got the strawberries for 75 cents a pound!! Now, other than free, that is the cheapest I have ever seen them!!!! So, per quart they were about $2 (counting the sugar, pectin, lemon juice and Karo syrup) We made 6 quarts. I could have done 8 but we ate too many of them :) (it was spur of the moment and I didn't have lids so for now they have plastic bags over them :)) My next adventure will be raspberries (hopefully!)
3 comments:
I am very impressed. I wish I had the guts to try.
Where did you find such cheap strawberries??
Nice deal - I like making freezer jam but my husband eats it too fast that I can't keep up. He'll open the jar of peanut butter and keep dipping it in jam until its gone (about a jar every two days).
Post a Comment