"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley


"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."

--Sheri L. Dew

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

My Great Family


I have been a little on the negative side lately so I thought I would post of all the positives. Sorry, it may get a little long!

First, Grant:

For almost a month he was working 2 jobs and going to school. He is down to just 2 jobs now, then it will be one full time and school.

He takes my trash out on trash days so I don't have to.

I mentioned I wanted to vacuum out the car on Saturday, he did it!

He brought me home chocolate yesterday.

He gets up with Grace on Saturdays and other days and let's me sleep in. (even though he is tired too)


Second, Grace:

She says thank-you without being asked, a lot of the time.

She loves her little brother. The other day she was teasing him saying, I'm going to hug/kiss you, over and over and making him smile.

Now that we have a set, posted in her room bed-time routine, she follows it and her bed-time is a breeze!

She goes down for a nap willingly.

She says, I love you mommy, when I say I love you Gracie.

She talks in 4-5 word sentences.


Third, Thaddeus:

A lot of nights he sleeps a 4-7 hour stretch!!!!!!

He loves to smile and laugh and all you have to do is say Hi.

He loves to sit in his chair so I can get some things done.

He goes down for naps willingly too.

He rarely explodes out of a diaper.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow, you have it made! What a great family Christine!

Tania said...

I wish Lizzy went down for a nap willingly! I hope you are feeling better now. I always feel better after I do service, especially if it is anonymus...