"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley


"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."

--Sheri L. Dew

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Grace thinks this is fun...

Not a lot to report, just some cute things Grace has been up to. She has a fascination with her ears. She loves to put her fingers in her ears (my guess is she likes to hear the difference because she'll put them in, take them out, put them in etc.) After her bath we clean out her ears with those safety swabs, and then I let her play with it a little. This is what she does with it. She thinks it is hilarious!

She also loves the 3 bottom stairs. She will put her babies on them, lay on them, stash things on them. By the end of the day the linoleum floor in the entrance is covered in toys, blankets, dolls, and magnets. It is a habit I need to break her of so I don't fall one day! That could be dangerous!
And, a recent occurrence, another of our fish has died! As I write this Grant is getting rid of him. Does anyone have any advice on keeping fish? It seems like after we change their water, that is when they die. Not when the tank is filthy or we haven't fed them for 2 days, nope, just when they get clean water. Please help!

5 comments:

Paul and Nicole Rhien said...

When we change the water, we let the new water sit out for 24 hrs. before putting it in the fishes bowl. I guess it helps evaporates some of the chemicals??

Sheena said...

Grace sure is cute! You had better be careful with her things on the floor. :) Sorry, no advice about the fish, but Nicole's idea sounds good.
Take care!

Marilou said...

I love the cotton swabs in the ears...and the toys all over the floor. Of course it is in a high traffic area, right? Some days I just have to keep saying "I will miss this one day..." As for the fish, that I have heard also that the reason they die is the change of temperature, so I would go with nicole's suggestion. Good luck!

Russell Family said...

Grace's hair is getting really long. She is so cute.

Anonymous said...

Kids are so funny!!! I love her fascination with the stairs!