"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley


"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."

--Sheri L. Dew

Saturday, November 22, 2008

The flu

This is her 1st leaf experience. She loved it!


Well, other than runny noses and 1 ear infection that never actually became a full blown ear infection Grace has been perfectly healthy. On Monday she decided to get the flu! If I had known from the beginning that all would be fine and she wouldn't suffer any major problems, I would have enjoyed it more! She just layed on the couch or floor (I couldn't put her upstairs in her crib, that is too far away) and I cleaned, and the house stayed clean! I like sick children! :) She is all better now but Grant decided to be sick last night, and I have a feeling, in my tummy, that I will soon follow suit!

In other news, we ordered our bed. The next update will be all about that I am sure. We ordered it from Bed In a Box. It is a memory foam mattress. If we don't like it, we donate it to charity and they refund our money, pretty cool!

One last note, it is snowing at our house!

5 comments:

Sheena said...

Sorry to hear you guys have been sick. Get better!

Marilou said...

Boo for the flu :( Hope your bed is great!

Russell Family said...

i got sick too. No fun!

Anonymous said...

Yuck! My favorite was when Isaac threw up all over me while we were sitting on the couch. You know you're initiated into motherhood when . . . :)

I hope you like your bed!!!

Mae said...

we have a memory foam bed and LOVE it. i'm sure you will too!