"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley


"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."

--Sheri L. Dew

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween Cookies



Grant and I are not pumpkin carvers as all of you are. For FHE on Monday we made ghost cookies. I know they don't look very ghosty, more like multi-eyed monster things but Grant insisted we needed more than just 2 chocolate chips on each one! Grace tried to help but she couldn't bring herself to put the chocolate chips on the cookies, they went to her mouth instead! All you do is buy Nutter Butter cookies, white almond bark and mini choc. chips. Melt almond bark, dip cookies, place eyes, let cool and whala, you're done! Very yummy too!



5 comments:

Mary Duncan said...

Ghosts? okay- i believe you sorta.... He he he he he he..... I love them! Very cute! (:

Joy said...

Mmmm...those look delicious! I decided to make cookies today and I thought I would do homemade oreos, some chocolate and some orange (with yellow cake mix). Anyway, I threw in the chocolate cake mix and mixed it up and it was really gooey, so I added some flour. Still didn't look right, so I looked at the box and discovered I used brownie mix instead of cake mix. Oops! Oh well. And our pumpkin carving didn't work out in the end. We gutted it but it rotted before we actually carved it. Happy Halloween!

Scott and Stacia said...

Those are such cute cookies and sound super easy to make. I was reading some of your past posts...I had no clue we had the same due date :) Crazy! Also one of my mission companions is due just a week or two ahead of us, she has one that was born January 2007...and I believe she is still in Moscow :) How fun for you two if you lived close!! I will find out how much longer she will be there :)

Carrie said...

Thanks for the fun cookie idea. I think they turned out so cute! We're kind of playing it cool this year. We'll just to the the grandparents, show off Eldon and go home to eat what's left of the candy. :) We aren't carving a pumpkin or anything! What party poopers! Glad to see you are living it up for Halloween.

Mary Duncan said...

okay- one more comment. i giggle every time i look at your deranged ghosts.... i absolutely love them!
( :
btw, did you close the cupboards after you finished? ( : ......