"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley


"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."

--Sheri L. Dew

Sunday, December 15, 2013

The basement bedroom reveal!

We (Grant) finally finished the basement bedroom!  With the exception of closet doors and a shelf.  No closet doors for now though, I think they would just get in the way.  So, here is the before:
 
 
Just a dark storage room the kids never wanted to go into.
And then the after!
 

 
Grant picked the color for the walls.  The kids love it.  They have been happily sleeping down there for a week now.  The first night was a rough one because mom mentioned something about if there was an emergency they should crawl out their window......  Talk about bad mom moment!  We cried, we worried about dying and not being able to play with our toys and now almost every night they pray there won't be a fire. :)

 
 
Now Madelyn has her own room until this brother comes and is big enough to sleep in another room.  2 more weeks!  (hopefully no more :))

No comments: