"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley


"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."

--Sheri L. Dew

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Thankful

I know Thanksgiving is long past.  Sorry to revert you back when Christmas is such a wonderful celebration!  But, I was thinking while making dinner tonight.  My kitchen is kinda dark and in the winter it is even darker so I reached up to turn on the light on the exhaust for my stove.  What a great idea someone had!  I am thankful for whoever decided to put those there, and above sinks too!  I am serious.  I am thankful for the person who thought of Toilet Paper.  I am thankful for the person who thought up music players (if it was up to me to make the music in my house, my kids would be sorely disappointed!)  I am thankful for whoever invented those blue nose syringes, we've been using it a lot on our sick baby lately.  I am thankful for kindergarten teachers.  I am thankful for other peoples talents, to sing and play beautiful music on any instrument.  I am thankful for nursery leaders.  I am thankful for friends who are still friends even though we haven't spoken in a while.  I am thankful for whoever is dropping gifts at our door.  I am thankful for a good mattress.  I am thankful for a roof that doesn't leak.  I am extra thankful for my furnace.  I am thankful for my husband.  I am thankful for trials.  I am thankful for the Savior. 

1 comment:

Ana Margarida G. V. da Cruz said...

E eu sou grata por um dia te ter conhecido!