"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley


"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."

--Sheri L. Dew

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Belief

We had a person of another religion stop at our door today and I chatted a little with him. I of course mentioned I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and he asked me what we believed about Armageddon. It took my pregnant brain a minute but I gave him a fairly satisfactory version of wars and destructions and Christ coming to reign on earth. But, after he left I thought I shouldn't have said that. I should have told him that we are not concerned with Armageddon. It is going to come no matter what we, personally, nationally, worldly, do. Christ will come to destroy the wicked. I should have said, sir, we concern ourselves with each individuals relationship with God and Jesus Christ. If ye are prepared ye shall not fear so we concern ourselves more with being prepared, repenting, serving, obeying the commandments, exercising Faith in God and Jesus' Atonement etc. Then, when it does come, even if I am killed in all the destruction, I will be okay. Isn't that a much better answer? Maybe next time!!

No comments: