Grant ran a 1/2 marathon yesterday, 13.1 miles. He trained for this same race last fall but he got sent away for work the exact weekend of the race so he never competed. So, this year he trained AGAIN and competed! He finished in 1:37:26. He finished 16th overall, 2nd in his age group and 12th for the men. Not too bad for an amateur!! He works hard and has a lot of determination. He is awesome!!
I forgot my camera but luckily there were some friends from the ward there who recognized him and snapped these pictures for us. He was running so fast that the 2nd picture is blurry! His average pace for the race was 7:26 miles! The first place guy had an average of 5 1/2 minute miles!! He was flying! (I couldn't run 1 mile that fast let alone 13!!)
1 comment:
Awesome! Wow, the 1st place guy was super fast, but Grant still did great too. I can't even run a mile as fast as his average. =) Congrats to Grant!!
Post a Comment