"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley


"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."

--Sheri L. Dew

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Grace's Primary Program

This is a post for the grandparents. Grace participated in her first Primary Program today. She was so excited and she did so well! She was one of the few children who said her part all by herself, and she didn't even get nervous. After she said her part I looked at Grant and said, "It is amazing how much joy you can get out of your 4 year old saying a part in a primary program!!" And it is. Just goes to show what people are missing whochoose to not have children. :) Have a great Sunday! And, just like she says, I know we are blessed when we follow the prophet, what a great thought.

2 comments:

Scott and Stacia said...

Cute!! I am not sure if Jacen will say his part or not. We have 3 more weeks. Grace did a great job!

Heather said...

Way to go Grace! What a brave and smart little Sunbeam. =)
(On a side note, while I was observing your ward's primary practicing last week, I noticed that hardly any of the kids knew their parts. I think that is because all the parts were written for them and assigned and they were supposed to memorize something that they may not fully understand or connect with, or it might have some words they weren't familiar with or couldn't pronounce well....the message of the program was great, but I do like it when the children get to say things in their own words.)