"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley


"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."

--Sheri L. Dew

Sunday, August 28, 2011

A-R-A-C-K spells.....

doll, snack, surprise, and anything else Grace might want. I know everyone does it. You are talking to your spouse and you spell something you don't want the kids to hear. Grace has picked up on this, except she doesn't know how to spell. She will come to me and say, "Can we have a A-R-A-C-K?" And wait for an answer, like I know exactly what she meant!!! :)

3 comments:

Scott and Stacia said...

How fun is that!! Jacen is making menus. He will spell C-i-l-l and ask me what it spells. I say cill and he says NO A FOOD!! So now he asks me how to spell what he wants on his menu...since you know I wasn't cooperative. :) This is such a fun age!!

Angie said...

So cute!

Nicole said...

Cute! Paul & I find ourselves spelling out words even when the kids aren't around. Makes us laugh!