
Grant and I live 2+ hours away from the Spokane Temple. It takes almost 5 hours of travel time, 2 hours in a session and then an extra 1/2 hour to get lunch/dinner. We thankfully have found some friends who trade babysitting with us so we can go every other month. Well, we had the priviledge of attending a session yesterday and it was wonderful! I read Ensign articles about people going to the temple and getting answers to their questions, some of them as if it was written on one of the walls in the Celestial room! But, I have yet to receive one answer there to any of my questions. The only thing I receive is this calm feeling that no matter what happens in our life, which a lot has, everything will be okay. I think that answer is ever so perfect for me. If I got a specific answer I'd probably be too stubborn to actually do it, I know, sorta an oxy-moron. The thing that means the most to me is that comfort. Again and again that seems to be how our Heavenly Father speaks to me, it is going to be okay. And, it will be.
1 comment:
That's awesome you guys were able to go yesterday. There is such a peaceful feeling when in the Lord's house. Yesterday I was thinking about that--about the refuge and quiet that is hard to find in every day, sometimes hectic life. That refuge is definitely at the temple.
Post a Comment