"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley


"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."

--Sheri L. Dew

Sunday, July 31, 2011

CRAZY!


I had to post one more picture from our family reunion. These are the grand kids with glow sticks. They had so much fun with them!

In other news. Nursery is sorta crazy! Today this little girl bit one of the older boys. Where you may ask? On the side of his head, by his eye. I should ask his mother if I can take a picture! Wow, that is all I can say. And, ask for some fun ideas. Today we played with balloons, I have about 2 more ideas before I run out. I hate when they just pull out all the toys to just spread them all over the place. I am trying to mix it up a bit. So, nothing messy, but if you have any ideas, please impart!!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Maybe you've already thought of bubbles, but it is the magical ice breaker in our Nursery. It cheers up the crying kids too, and when I ask Grant what he did in Nursery, it's about the only thing he remembers some weeks. Someone donated a bunch of books including the kind that have the window flaps and she said when she was a leader she would read those with the crying kids asking for parents and say, "where's Mommy? Is she in here? No, is she in here? No... Etc, etc. and pretty soon the kid is more interested in what is behind the flaps than their Mommy. I saw a substitute bring in some finger puppets from home. Oh, she also had some pipe bells. Different length pipes that have different pitches. I think she brought spoons to hit the pipes with. You'd think it would be too loud, but I had a sleeping kid on my lap the whole time.