"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley


"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."

--Sheri L. Dew

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Recent Adventures

I'll start out with the nice stuff. Here is our tiny garden on our back patio. A roma tomato, a cucumber and some orange flowers we got on clearance!! We also planted some pumpkins in this little dirt patch in between the 2 driveways but nothing has popped up yet so no picture!
Thaddeus discovered Grace's sunglasses and will walk around in them like he is the coolest kid on the block, which he is! Every time they fall off he brings them back to you to put on again.
Apparently, soap is now on the menu at our house! I was fixing a boo boo on Grace and of course TD wanted on the counter as well, before I can even finish with Grace he has the soap in his hand with a bite out of it!! Thankfully most of it stuck in his teeth and he did not enjoy the flavor but got steaming mad when I tried to brush his teeth! Oh, maybe he'll remember this and never say bad words because he knows I'll wash his mouth out with soap!!
Grace has always been an artist. She was in time out on my bed because her brother was asleep and she found a pen. She poked her head around the corner and I told her she could get out and I saw this. She also vandalized her belly, face, arms and an almost perfect (for a 3 yr. old) circle around her belly button! Notice the huge 'H', that is from her name!! The part of me that wasn't frustrated was so pleased that at least she had used her letter! Then I went into my room and saw this: (again, can you see the huge 'H's'?)

I was speechless! My mom came to visit that same day and stayed. Grace showed my mom her artwork and my mom asked if I had liked it and Grace answered, "Yes!" :) We bought some spray paint.

One last thing, I got a calling and it has a little to do with cub scouts and I was wondering if any of you out there had any explanations on what they do or helps. My brothers were in scouts and I know they work for merit badges etc. but what do I do? Thanks!!!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

check out scouting.org or google scout help. I'll ask Paul what other things can help

Oyama Family said...

You know what works AMAZING on getting ink off the walls...those "Mr. Clean Magic Erasers"- no matching paint etc easy, easy, easy! Good luck with that. Scouts...I have no clue, good luck, I'm sure you'll be great!

Marilou said...

Ya...no clue on the cub scout thing, but I agree with Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. They work wonders.
We are excited for a visit from you!

Scott and Stacia said...

Oh my she really got herself good. Jacen never drew on anything but paper....Brycen well, lets just say he isn't even 18mo and we have cleaned out the pen drawer.