"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley


"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."

--Sheri L. Dew

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

More Blessings

Since we moved and started a new job I figured we better dust of the old budget and see where we were. I was putting in what we've spent so far when I realized I paid my phone bill twice. Hmmm. I looked online at my last bill and noticed I had paid for all of June at our old house, then received a bill for all of June at our new house. (note: we moved the end of May, June should not be in the picture at all!) So I make a phone call and come to find out we were still being charged for our OLD house. Needless to say we got it all ironed out and they even gave us a 12 month discount and reimbursed all our money. So, the blessing is having and using a budget! Who knows how many months I would have been paying this bill without realizing it. (it comes out automatically so I don't get a paper bill, just an email telling me to look at it online) And, now I will be super organized at looking at, not just perusing, my bills!!

1 comment:

Cathy Brooksby said...

Good job. I handed paying bills over to Dave. After 10 years I figured it was his turn.