"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley


"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."

--Sheri L. Dew

Friday, May 7, 2010

Life


Grant and I rented a movie tonight called "Facing the Giants." Let me just say once you get past the sorta cheesy actors, it is an awesome movie, very inspiring. There is a football team at a christian school and they win about 1 game a season and the coach teaches them the gospel from the bible and teaches them to trust in the Lord no matter what and it made me almost cry a couple times!! So, go rent it!

My chubby boy is walking, he loves it and it makes me think of persistence in a whole new light. Children fall hundreds of times before they are sure footed and we 'adults' fall down once and we are done!

Grace knows almost all her letters and the sounds they make. She always wants to watch a movie and the one she picks (all on her own) is Leap Frog's Letter Factory. It is amazing how quickly she picked them up.

Happy Mother's Day to all!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Tay love's the letter factory too, but we don't own it. We've been looking for a good movie to add to our netflix. Thanks!

Paul and Nicole Rhien said...

Have you seen 'Fireproof' ? Good movie, by the same producers / writers, I think