"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley


"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."

--Sheri L. Dew

Monday, June 22, 2009

Ahh, all better!

I am showered! Crazy how a shower can make life so much better?!
I frequently am asked by women who only have one child what it is like to have two. Well, those of you with more than one know, it's a little hairy scary. But, one thing I have found to be very helpful is to make dinner while the kids nap. My children seem to be the crankiest, neediest, cryiest while I am trying to get dinner together so it's ready when Grant gets home. So, while they are napping I do everything I can. Chop veggies, make the salad, mix all the dry ingredients together, cook the meat if it isn't going to be eaten whole (like hamburgers would be gross re-heated but taco meat isn't!) It sure does make dinner time at my house easier! Someday when I have room for it I will buy a huge freezer and just pull dinner out the night before, let it thaw in the fridge and preso chango, it's ready!

2 comments:

Marilou said...

ahh...if only the kids would all sleep at the same time :) I'm glad it works for you though!

Scott and Stacia said...

Oh,I totally understand the 2 children thing. I try to shower daily but sometimes I am in my pjs until 2pm because I have not showered yet. I need to do the whole nap time preparing dinner thing. Dinner has been rather pathetic lately!!