This is the front view from the street. Notice the grass, it belongs solely to us. Which means no one will be throwing their cigarette butts in it, no one's animal will be doing it's business in it (we hope anyway) no one will be doing who knows what in it!

This is the back 'yard'. Very small but Grace doesn't need a ton. She has a sandbox and a trike so she should be okay. The shed is ours to store things in but the shop is not. The owners use it.


This is the back 'yard'. Very small but Grace doesn't need a ton. She has a sandbox and a trike so she should be okay. The shed is ours to store things in but the shop is not. The owners use it.

This is the kitchen. It is huge! Notice we have our kitchen table in it and a little table with 2 chairs for Grace, and it still has room!. (we found it at D.I. for $15, we couldn't resist!)
This is the living room. After much deliberation on Grant's part we settled on this. If you have any suggestions on the furniture placement, let us know. FYI though, there is a heater vent in front of the big window so we can't put any furniture on top of it! Notice the walls are NOT white!
The bathroom, not very big but it is our own and I am so excited to have cabinets behind the mirror! Only one of our apartments has had counter space in the bathroom so usually, the tiny counter space there is is packed with toothbrushes, deodorant, soap etc. Not here!
Grace's room. Grant is going to build her a bed (which will eventually be a bunk bed) so for now she sleeps on boxes of old clothes :) She doesn't care though. She just thinks it is cool she can see out the window when she stands on her bed :) She has only fallen off once :)
Our room. We still have a little unpacking to do and picture hanging and it all ends up in our room so Grace doesn't get into it! What can you do
Grace just runs around and around in all the space. Since there aren't stairs cutting everything in half it seems like our house is twice as big as our apt. was!
The coolest thing happened though. On Saturday I was going to start really cleaning the old apartment. I knew we had 3 days so I wasn't worried. I was going to make Grant do all the bending etc. and keep all the easy stuff for me. Well, the bishop came to help Grant move the bigger stuff and tells me that his wife wants to help me clean! So she and her 2 teenage daughters and the bishop come over and do everything while I worked on the bathroom! They cleaned out cupboards, washed down walls and doors etc, the bishop even vacuumed! I was so thankful. I knew Grant and I could do it so I didn't ask for help, but it sure was nice not to have to!
Anyway, come visit when you can. We actually have room to lay down a mattress or two!





7 comments:
That is so exciting! Congrats! Yay for personal space :)
How fun to have so much space!
Congratulations!! What a happy new home you have made!
I'm so happy for you! I'm sure it's wonderful to have your own space and not have to worry about "close" neighbors. It looks like a very nice, cute little house.
Awesome!!! I love the whole backyard thing . . . I'm so excited for you - that will be so nice in the summer!
I agree that it's sooooo nice to have help when you're pregnant. My mom in law came up to help for a few days. Plus our ward is so used to moving people in and out, it was easy to get a small army for the big things. We'll come visit for sure!
Yay! Love the new place. It is so nice for you guys to have a yard and some extra space. I can't wait to have a house. Take care and have a great week!
Post a Comment