"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley


"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."

--Sheri L. Dew

Friday, January 2, 2009

Kids, Christmas, Move



You know what I love about children? Grace gives us a play-by-play report of almost everything she does. She'll be getting up onto a chair, "oh, up, uh oh, bonk, paper, pen" or something like that :) It is so cute because she only knows so many words so it's like this paragraph condensed into 6 words and you know exactly what she is doing!


Christmas was good for us. We've enjoyed our bed so our Christmas $ wasn't wasted! We found this awesome little used trike on the side of the road with a sign on it that said, "Free, to a good home. Merry Christmas" So Grace has a trike now! It is too big for her, but oh well because there isn't anywhere by our house to ride it. She has to scoot forward on the seat until she almost isn't on it, and then she gets top heavy and tips. She gets back on every time though! She also got a stroller, she likes it but there isn't a lot of room in our apartment. When we move she'll enjoy it more I think! Grant also got this way comfy blanket from his mother. It's one of those velor ones I think? I don't know, it is soft and warm and we love it! (did you get a load of Grace's new smile? She usually scrunces her nose more and it's more of a glare than a smile. I'm just glad she has 4 months to grow out of it before her 2 year pics!)



We will be moving next week. We are SO SO excited to leave our apartment complex! No more college students smoking, partying, bringing strange people over and littering and other disgusting stuff everywhere! I don't even let Grace play in the little grass there is here for fear of what is in it! It is a house with quiet older neighbors, a tiny back yard just big enough for Grace to have grass and a lot of room to run! I'll post some pictures when we move! And one extra plus, the walls are NOT white! All of you who rent can understand how white walls get very, very old!

2 comments:

Marilou said...

Good to hear you had a good Christmas :) and, no, I won't make it to my due date. Most twin pregnancies deliver around 36 weeks and if I haven't delivered by then we will schedule an inducement. The longer they stay in after 37 weeks, the bigger the chance is of them not surviving...so much gratitude to technology and good research!

Sheena said...

Yay! Good luck with everything. I hope you are feeling great Christine. Take care!