"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley


"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."

--Sheri L. Dew

Thursday, August 21, 2008

We are still here


This is the newest addition to our family!!!!! We are three months along and so happy! (Although the more I remember of when Grace was a newborn, I get a little bit scared!) In the second picture the doctor zoomed in a little and told us he had suspicions that we were going to have a boy, so we are calling him a boy, little brother etc. (He is better than It) We are due March 1, 2009. The timing is perfect the more I have thought of it. Next summer we are moving to Moscow and if he was any later I'd either have a brand newborn while trying to pack, or be 7-9 months pregnant! We are thanking our Heavenly Father for this timing :) After that news, the rest of the pictures are not as exciting, but, take a look anyway :)




I post the pictures of Grace eating spaghetti because I want to illustrate her cleanliness when it comes to eating. Some of you may remember back to her birthday and how she didn't even touch her cupcake so no wonderful pictures for us. Well, here is another example of how NOT messy she is :)



These two are of Grace loving her fish, Ernie, who has passed from this life. I will spare you the details but Grant had a funeral for him yesterday afternoon. Last night Grace and I went to her cousin's (on Grant's side) birthday party and upon hearing the news, her aunt donated 4 pineapple fish to our cause. They are very tiny, I don't know if you will even be able to see them in the picture. That is all for now!

11 comments:

Carrie said...

What happy news! I am so happy for you and your family. I hope you are feeling well. I love Ultrasounds. So exciting and real! About Grace.... Yeah, did she get anything on that bib or her tray?? Unbelievable! I'm so happy to read your news! Thanks!

Tracie said...

Those are some special pictures! Congrats!! I'm so excited for you! Tell grant he's going to need to extend the sandbox. :)

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! How are you feeling?

Mae said...

WOW!!! YEAH!! that was a jam-packed post. Having a baby boy and moving to Moscow?! whoa. Sounds like lots of new adventures. those are what make life so fun. Carbine can back me up on this, I don't think this next one will be quite as clean!

Paul and Nicole Rhien said...

Congrats! We're happy for you. Hope you're feeling well and everything goes well.

Laura said...

I love the pics. Congrats on the baby boy. My favorite is Grace eyeing the fish bowl. I didn't see the fish in the second one, and thought at first she had grabbed it!!
I don't know if you were going to put up a memory post thingy, but here's mine for Christine.

I'm not sure when I first met Christine, it was freshman year, either through apt 18 or in a class or both. But I do know that the first thought I had EVERY time I saw Christine was, there is a happy girl, and I couldn't help but be happy too. Now it's not everyday you meet someone who makes you think that EVERY time! (:

Angie said...

Yeah! Congrats! That's great news. I'm so excited for you guys. Now you will say that you have kid-s. That "s" is like a whole new phase of life! So exciting!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! What happy news! I'm sooo excited!

Joy said...

I'm so happy for you! What sweet pictures. I hope the pregnancy is going well. And I can't believe how clean Grace is...what a lucky mom. I pretty much have to mop the floor after every meal!

Marilou said...

Congratulations! We are due March 9th. We are right there with you on timing thing, we are moving in April! Cutting it close, but we will take it!

The Carlings said...

yea! congrats! So happy for you guys!