"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley


"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."

--Sheri L. Dew

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Funny Grace

















So we got these stickers for free and had no idea what to do with them until one night when Grace and I were bored. She left the ones on her forehead there all night long! It was like she either couldn't feel them, or didn't know where to reach, funny.
Another night I'm relaxing on the couch and I hear the clanging of pots and pans. Oh well, Grace always plays in my cupboards, I put stuff down there purposely so she can play with it. Anyway, I go into the kitchen to see what she is up to and find this, she looks like she wants to be cooked!




















And last but not least, her cute pig tails get an upgrade for church. (they lasted about 10 minutes, oh well!)














As for Grant and I, not much is new. Grant is running, biking, and swimming his sprint triathalon this weekend. He wanted to start a new hobby and thought this was an easier way to get his feet wet! He has had some back troubles though so he hasn't been able to work out a whole lot so we won't be surprised if he comes in dead last, as long as he finishes! :) I've taken on some more work babysitting for a family 6 nights a month. Not too much but it brings in a little extra money to save for when we move! After this year (if we get accepted) we are moving to Moscow for Grant to start the Architecture program up there at the U of I. We are excited!! It is a 5 year program though so keep our sanity in your prayers please :)

3 comments:

Marilou said...

Grace is such a cutie. We will be starting grad school next year too, I'm not sure where though...here's hoping :)

Carrie said...

Did Grace REALLY put that sticker on her behind or was she helped with that one?? :) Cute!

Joy said...

What a doll! It looks like you have fun at your house! I feel the pain with 5 more years of school. Joe has 1 year down for the master's, 3-5 more for the PhD. It will all be worth it in the end though (I hope)!