"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley


"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."

--Sheri L. Dew

Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Temple

Yesterday we were able to go to the temple.  The last time for us for a while.  Between having a baby next month, and the weather, it really stacks the odds against driving the 2 1/2 hours on windy back roads to attend the temple. 

Yesterday was a special day though.  My nephew, who passed away in August, went through the temple!  His dad took his name.  All of my siblings who could, attended the temple that day, whichever temple was closest to them.  I thought that was great for my sister.

There is no doubt in my mind that he wholeheartedly accepted it and is now further along on the other side.  I have been thinking about him at odd times lately.  And for some reason, I keep thinking about whether or not he gets to fall in love on the other side.  Maybe some nice girl who died of the black plague has been working up there and then Kyle comes along and they hit it off :)  Maybe it is me trying to make the best of him being gone.  But can't you picture some fountain up there and two spirits sitting by it, in their spare time between teaching the gospel of course.  Anyway, there is no doctrine to support it, just me romancing I guess :)

Have a good Thanksgiving!  I am Thankful for family, sounds cliché' but, it is true!

No comments: