"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley


"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."

--Sheri L. Dew

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Thaddeus

Thaddeus is a great child!  A few weeks ago Grant and I were sitting on the couch after the kids were asleep and he walks into the living room and says, "Can I color?"  "Color?", "yeah", "Like a picture?", "yeah, like this", (as he puts his hand on my chest) "Oh, you want to cuddle?" "yeah"  So he sits down beside me.  Then he says something else, which was complete jibberish and Grant asks if he wants a drink of water, "yeah".  So he gets the water and falls right to sleep.  The next morning he remembered nothing :)
Well, last night Madelyn was fussing about getting teeth and her runny nose and I tried to help her and snuggle her but she didn't want it so I was ignoring her, letting her fuss.  Then, out of nowhere Thaddeus yells, "Mom, Madelyn spit up!(threw up, that is how they say it)"  I lept from my bed, ran the 10 steps to their bedroom and he was laying down, out like a light!  But, Madelyn had thrown up!  I have no clue how he knew, my theory is an angel either woke him up or just inhabited his body for a moment so he could yell for me :)  What a kid, huh?  He didn't remember any of that this morning either :)

No comments: