I was having one of those days the other day. Madelyn had woken up more times in the night than I remembered, the other two were running crazy-like around the house. No one seemed to want to listen or sit quietly, I wasn't going to get a nap, not even a 15 minute sit-down. I was tired and I started thinking, "Why aren't my kids perfect? Why don't they sleep through the night? Why don't they behave and do exactly as I ask, the first time? Why don't I have a housekeeper, laundress, chef, etc?" Then a thought came to mind. My poor children didn't choose to come here as much as I chose to bring them here. It was our choice to conceive. No one dropped them on my doorstep, rang the bell and then ran. No judge forced them on me as punishment :) And, for a moment, my attitude changed. I chose this life, I chose lack of sleep, I chose screaming children, crying babies, poopy diapers, hand prints on the walls, toys strewn to every corner of my house. I chose it, and I do love it!
9 years ago
2 comments:
Oh tão bom... dia para ela que o aniversário dela é feriado em portugal... então ela vai ser importante aqui!!!! como estás? miss you girl!!!! Tens facebook? se tens me diz tá! LOVE YOU SOOOOOOOO MUCH
Oh, I love that attitude! I need that reminder sometimes, too. But a housecleaner would be nice too.
Post a Comment