"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley


"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."

--Sheri L. Dew

Sunday, February 3, 2013

This week....

 
We watched many cars go by our front window,


We made animals out of play-dough.
 

 
We did a word search with dad (and actually helped, a little).


And, we fell asleep before bedtime.
The other day at the table we were discussing babies and Thaddeus told me to eat a lot of black food so I would have a black baby.(someday, not within the next 10 months)  Then he told me to eat both white and black and we could have one of each.  Isn't innocence wonderful.  Mabye next time I am pregnant I'll eat a lot of pink food and tell him our baby is going to be pink!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Your kids are so adorable!