"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley


"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."

--Sheri L. Dew

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Back in the saddle again....

I took a vacation, better yet my brain and my creativity (the VERY little I have) took a vacation.  They are back though.  People asked me what I thought about having 3 kids after Madelyn was  born, I told them it was pretty easy because Grace and Thaddeus are so old and can take care of themselves.  After about 4 1/2 months of sleep deprivation, I am singing a different tune :)  Madelyn is sleeping better, although crying as I write this because she is too tired to realize she is tired, he, he, he.  We started "sleep training" a couple weeks ago.  Makes for a happier momma and she is actually happier too.  (used ideas from a book here, used it with TD as well and he is a SUPER sleeper!!)
Madelyn is 5 months old tomorrow.  I have begun to give her large pieces of raw fruits and vegetables to gum while I am busy cooking or doing dishes.  She likes them.  Except this apple.  I can imagine her threatening something and the apple begging for mercy :)

Thaddeus needs a haircut.  We combed his hair forward so he would look like Joseph Smith :)

My hippie daughters.  We went to the track to ride bikes and I made them flower crowns. 
 
Grace starts kindergarten next week.  I am excited to have one less child running around for a couple hours a day, I am not looking forward to all the anxiety of wondering everything from whether or not she'll be kidnapped to whether or not she'll have any friends!  Woe is me!
  

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I had major anxiety before Tay started school (insomnia for a week before), but the schools really look after the kids, especially the kindergartners. Your kids are adorable!

Scott and Stacia said...

All 3 of our kids are so close in age. I wonder how I am going to react to the whole kindergartner thing. Next week I will have one in Kindergarten, one in preschool (tuesday technically) and a 5month old. How do they grow up so fast?!

Carrie said...

I really hope the sleep training goes well for you! It's such a relief. I don't think I could have more kids if they didn't sleep. It's insane. I need to trust that I will have a break eventually. :) Good Luck!