"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley


"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."

--Sheri L. Dew

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Funny Babies

 Grace got to "sleep" with Madelyn.  She loved it.  The funny thing is, she sorta did fall asleep on her.
You know how parents of bottle fed babies talk about slow and fast nipples and you over hear them talk about needing to change nipples.  Well, these poor breast fed babies get one speed.  I love how she latches on and then the first let-down she has to gulp as fast as she can to keep it under control.  She ends up losing some out of the corner of her mouth.  Then, when it lets up a little she has to let go and breathe before she starts again.  I love it!

3 comments:

Heather said...

Cute girls! Madelyn has changed and grown even since I saw you on Tuesday.

Oyama Family said...

Hey! I recognize that shirt Grace has on...so fun!! We really are going to come see you sometime this summer, I can't stand it anymore :) Your new one is so so so so cute!!

Carrie said...

Madelyn is a beauty!! So sweet! You are so blessed you can breastfeed so well. Good Job!