"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley


"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."

--Sheri L. Dew

Monday, November 7, 2011

Stages



Thaddeus is of the age where he doesn't just toddle around behind Grace doing whatever the rest of us are doing. He is gaining a personality all his own, his own opinions, desires and everything. At first I was so annoyed with his tantrums and then I thought it so funny because about 2 years ago we were doing the same things with Grace. And once I realized that, it was a lot easier to deal with his tantrums, I deal with them the same way I dealt with Grace. Either I ignore him, or he gets taken to his room to cry. History really does teach us things!!! ps. the picture is just because I haven't posted a family pic in a long time. And no, I don't wear contacts, we had to take out glasses off because they were glaring!

3 comments:

Ana Vicente da Cruz said...

Estás linda.tua família maravilhosa e é bom saber que estás bem!
Tenho saudades de sisters aqui...sinto falta de minhas amigas americanas! beijinhos grandes...saudades.

Oyama Family said...

you guys look great, Thaddeus is looking so big!!

Scott and Stacia said...

Cute picture. Your kids are growing up so fast.