"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley


"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."

--Sheri L. Dew

Thursday, March 3, 2011

New Year, New Experiences!

Okay, this year has been full of new experiences. First, a new year! :) Second, Thaddeus breaking his leg. (He is doing wonderfully now, just started hobbling around 100% of the time last week and today fell over and twisted his left ankle, poor kid, now he hobbles on both sides!!!) Third, Grace is in Primary, a sunbeam. I am in the primary presidency so I get to watch her during sharing time and I thought she would be bad because I am in there, thankfully the honeymoon stage hasn't worn off yet :). And fourth, we are buying a house! I'll get some pictures and post them but we are super excited to paint walls a color other than white and plant a garden. We hope to close around the 18th or later if delays occur. Wish us luck!!

3 comments:

Oyama Family said...

SOOOOO excited for you! I can't wait to come visit! Not sure about during the school year (it's been crazy) but definitely this summer. Miss you!

Carrie said...

Yipee!!! Good Luck with all of the details. I'm really excited for you all, and I'm looking forward to pictures. Happy painting! :)

Joy said...

Congrats on buying a house! Very exciting!