"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley


"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."

--Sheri L. Dew

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Judge Not, that ye be not Judged




Today was stake conference. I love stake conference. Especially the adult session the night before. Well, to give some background before I go on, Grant and I are of the belief that our children WILL sit during sacrament meeting. We will not wander the halls aimlessly with a child who just learned to crawl, walk etc. just because they think it is more fun. So, as I wandered the hall today with Thaddeus trying to get him to fall asleep (10am is when stake conference starts, also is when he lays down by himself in a crib to sleep) we were constantly interrupted by other people's children wandering aimlessly down the hall. All I can say is kudos to them for even coming to church if all they do is wander the halls!

TD is beginning to walk. He'll take a few steps without thinking but if you try to make him he rebels!! Grace is so enthralled with letters right now. She can write her last name. Amazing I know (ha ha, it only consists of four letters, and one of them repeats and they happen to be some of the easiest to write!!) but, she is my daughter so I am required to brag about her!!! :)

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Haha. It's funny, but not funny how crazy church is with kids. :S
High five for Gracie writing her last name! That's exciting! :)

Marilou said...

*Good job to Grace! (Brag all you want)
*Peeking over that sippy cup, TD looks like Grace.
*Church is exhausting...but Jared and I have the same philosophy-our kids can learn to be reverent and if they get taken out it isn't a "fun" time. But, to each their own :)