"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley


"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."

--Sheri L. Dew

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Finally, Painting Again!

We've been sick and then last week was a birthday celebration so I skipped painting again because who wants to come over to a house smelling of oil paints and turpentine?

Without further ado, my first finished project!! I couldn't be more pleased with how it turned out. I already have an idea for my next one and can't wait to get started next week!
I know I didn't shade in the foot, I did it on purpose, I didn't want it to pop out, it is sorta only a background piece to the chain and ribbon, look up the scripture in The Book of Mormon and hopefully it will make sense to you and not just to me in my little head!!

Also, here is my little/big one year old! Oh time flies! I watched The Office baby delivery episode, and let me tell you, it is HILARIOUSLY TRUE (go to NBC.com and watch it, funny, funny, funny) Anyway, there is a part about nursing and I already sorta miss it! I weaned him a little early because I was so sick and miserable and wanted to take some medicine and I'm sure he would have been okay but who wants to risk it! Anyway, I put cake in a dump truck for him and Grant's cake (their b-days are 2 days apart) I made a construction site. Pics to follow below.



TD demolished his and enjoyed every minute of it! Grant enjoyed his cake too, so did I and so did the rest of our family that came :)

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Are you still thinking about ______? Good job Christine!!

Cathy Brooksby said...

love the painting, do you mind if I get one too?

Great cakes.

Angie said...

Cake in the dump truck. What a great idea!

Nicole said...

The cakes are so cute! Can't believe I already have to start thinking of a 1st bday cake for Cadence

Mae said...

What a cute cake idea! I could probably fit a whole cake in Zane's dump truck! wouldn't that be messy...and fun!

Cathy Brooksby said...

Thank you for putting our house on your blog.:)

Marissa said...

yeah, the dump truck cake was awesome! a present - and cake in one. seems like you're doing good. your kids are super cute...and sounds like they keep you pretty busy. are you still in boise??