"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley


"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."

--Sheri L. Dew

Sunday, April 12, 2009

My poor son



So I have come to the conclusion that second children are just out of luck, and later children, no luck for them either! If he had been born a girl, things would be slightly better for him. For example, he gets called Grace Anne a lot, especially when he is crying (because that new baby cry is so sad you just can't think during it), he gets called 'she' and 'her' instead of him and he. Most of the blankets out around the house are pink or at least very girly, and those are the ones I reach for when I need to swaddle him. Hopefully we won't get any pictures of him in girly blankets and he won't remember :)

This picture is of Grace. I put her down for the night and then went back to check on her and this is what I found. If you look on the side of her bed on the floor, you can see a pair of yellow pajamas scrunched in a ball (the ones she went to bed in). She did this two nights in a row. We started putting pants and a shirt on her, they are harder to get off! Thankfully she kept her diaper on!!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

That's funny! About Grace, that is. And perfectly tragic for Thaddeus. Naw, he'll pull through. :) Nice of you to be cautious about the blankets you photograph him in. Ha!

Mary Duncan said...

Cute kiddos.... ( : Just do his hair all cute when he is in the pink blanket and no one will know the difference... ( : Or something....