"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley


"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."

--Sheri L. Dew

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

He has ARRIVED!!!!

Announcing the arrival of:
Thaddeus Gideon Hogg
March 9, 2009 ~ 3:27pm ~ 9lbs 7oz ~ 21 3/4"
We went in Monday morning at 7 to be induced. By 8 they had me all hooked up and started the oxytocin. I did the natural child birth route until the doctor came in about 1:30 and broke my water, then we got an epidural! Grant and I sat around playing cards for about an hour and a half until the nurses came in to check me. Upon checking me they got all excited and said they could feel his head! The doctor came, we pushed through about 4 contractions and out he came! Poor kid was all bruised in his face and purplish-blue but they gave him some oxygen and he pinked right up! This delivery was 100 times better than Grace! I could still feel the contractions a litttle so I knew what I was doing and it was quicker! Grace is still getting used to him. She likes him but at the same time couldn't care less about him :) Every time he cries she gets all worried and tries to share toys with him, she will be a good big sister! We'll post more pictures soon, just wanted to let you all know.

8 comments:

Mindy said...

Congratulations! He is so cute!

Joy said...

Congrats! What a cutie! I'm glad all went well.

Marilou said...

Congratulations! He was a big boy! Neither of my babies are that big yet and we just figured he was double Brooklyn's size plus an ounce! Way to go Christine!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your handsome baby boy! He looks perfect:) You're awesome!!!

Angie said...

Hooray! Glad he's here. He is darling.

Cathy said...

Good Job. He is very cute. I wanted another baby for about 2 seconds then I got over it.

Nicole said...

Congrats! He's a big boy! Glad everything went well.

Carrie said...

Congratulations! I was induced and yeah, breaking the water sent the contractions through the roof for me too! I was asking for my epidural after that as well. Aahhh.... I'm so glad everything went so well and that you are all together!