"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbors children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder. I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."

— Marjorie Pay Hinckley


"None of us come to this earth to gain our worth; we brought it with us."

--Sheri L. Dew

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

PIE!!!


I just wanted to let you all know that I am not slacking because of my pregnancy! :) A sweet, sweet sister I visit teach gave me 4 beautiful lemons from her daughters lemon tree ( I can't remember if she lives in California or Arizona?) Anyway, I decided that they needed to be turned into something wonderful, so, I pulled out all my cookbooks and found a recipe for lemon meringue pie. We cut into it before it cooled completely so some of it 'weeped', if you know what that means? but, it tasted very, very good! And it didn't look too shabby either :)


My ever changing daughter has begun a new phase, at least this one is cute though :) She thinks she needs to wear our shoes, and as you can see from the picture, my Portuguese 'bata' as well! The funny thing is the necklace on her arm like it's a purse! (I don't use a purse so she really is a girl I guess!)


This is Grace wearing my old camp stuff. I almost just tossed everything but my mom made me keep it as a 'dress-up' box and now she is using it! That headband is from the year we had an Indian theme, she thinks it is pretty cool :)



Last thing, the baby is great. I think I will name him Goliath because he feels huge! He can't even breathe without me feeling it! I think I have dropped though, I can't be sure because I see my belly all day every day so come Saturday when I see my mom she will confirm and I'll let you all know :) They didn't check me at my last appointment so I don't know if I am effaced or dilated but I have had a lot of braxton hicks contractions and a few real ones so it could be any day, it could be 3 weeks! Don't you wish all pregnancies were the same so you knew exactly what to expect?

5 comments:

Joy said...

Yum! That pie looks great! You are brave for attempting to make such a pie...I am chicken when it comes to things like that. I just stick with easy things like cookies and cake.
I'm excited for your little man to come. A friend from high school just had twin boys, weighing 7 lbs. 11 oz. and 7 lbs. 8 oz. That's a lot of baby! I know how they feel huge at the end though, like they are just right under your skin and are gonna burst through at any moment.
Good luck, and keep up the baking!

Marilou said...

I love the dressing up, Ali is way into it too. Except she will only dress up in princess dresses...definitely all girl. I understand completely about the baby feeling huge :) As to your questions you asked on my blog...if I make it to 37 weeks (15th) we will schedule being induced. As long as the baby that is lowest is head down (which he is) we will do a vaginal birth. They don't care what position the other one is in, and apparently it is easier to deliver the second one breach (once the birth canal is all the way open it doesn't matter how they come out-but the first baby going through head first is what opens it completely). We'll see how it all pans out :)

Carrie said...

Thanks for posting this! I've been going through a bunch of my old stuff and I think I'll keep my eyes out for items to add to a "dress up" box. How fun!

Oh, and Thank you so much for the Turkey recipes! Seriously, the other ones I had made me gag! I threw the leftovers out and vowed to never make those recipes again, but yours sound so yummy. Totally a different approach than the recipes I used. Look out Thanksgiving and Christmas leftovers next year!! ;)

Angie said...

I am so impressed with your baking skills. That pie looks perfect! You've got a cute little dress up girl there. I love the bata. Now all she needs are a few choice phrases like, "Se deus quiser," and "coma mais!"

Tracie said...

Congrats on the new house. It looks almost just like the same layout my little house has. I'm excited for your other new arrival.....I"m sure you are even more excited.